Let's all be “UNASHAMED“ in 2020 and beyond, about having mental health challenges.
This campaign will serve as an avenue to strengthen the ongoing discussions about mental health and mental disorders while generating support for those living with mental ill-health.
We invite you to take the UNASHAMED 2020 Pledge below, and please invite others to also do the same. We are aiming for 1 million pledges by the 10th October (World Mental Health Day) 2021.
Asido Foundation: Together, lets make the world a better place... One person at a time. Take the pledge now
The Unashamed 2020 Pledge
- I affirm that health, including mental health is a fundamental human right, in tandem with the 3rd Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 3).
- I will advocate for the speedy passage of the Mental Health Bill in Nigeria.
- I will be an advocate of open conversations and better awareness and understanding of mental health issues.
- I affirm that mental disorders are treatable.
- I will support people with mental disorders, in all settings - in schools, work environments and the community.
- I will advocate for the elimination of shame, stigma and discrimination in our society.
- I will promote the empowerment of service users to have a voice about the services they receive.
- I will demand an end to the inhumane treatment of affected persons via chaining and other forms of abusive practices.
- I will promote the provision of quality services for affected persons, on an equal footing as is available for physical disorders.
- I will encourage others to join the campaign and take the unashamed 2020 pledge.
Pledge Box and Roll of Honour
By signing (using your full name) in the box below, I agree to the terms of the pledge and also acknowledge that my name and country will be displayed in the Unashamed 2020 Roll of Honour.